Hello strangers! Thank you so much to lovely Charlie over at Charlie, Distracted for nominating me for the The Liebster Award. "What is it?" I hear you cry! Well, it's a blogger-nominated award for us little bloggers that have under 500 followers. It gives us all a chance to get to know each other a little bit better and show our appreciation for other blogs that we love.
First off, there are a few rules...
1) Post the award onto your blog
2) Thank the blogger(s) who nominated you - make sure you link back to their blog!
3) Write 11 facts about yourself
4) Nominate 5-11 bloggers you feel deserve the award and have less than 500 followers
5) Answer the 11 questions ask by your nominator then ask 11 questions to your nominees
11 Facts About Me!
1. I used to be a competing show jumper for a little over 10 years.
2. My favourite food is Ramen -- absolutely love the stuff!
3. I actually love anything Japanese. The culture utterly fascinates me.
4. My favourite colour is Green.
5. I have a massive love for animation.
6. Harry Potter is one of my all-time favourite books.
7. I actually love my day job. Something I thought I'd never say.
8. My favourite past-time is video gaming. Big PlayStation and Nintendo fan.
9. I have 1 younger brother, who I trained up from a young age to be my gaming partner. I succeeded :D
10. Will and Grace is my favourite feel-good program.
11. Hoping to become fluent in Japanese by the end of next year.
Not very interesting to be totally honest, but there you go!
Questions from Charlie:
1. Marmite - love it or hate it?
I've never actually tried it!
2. Who is your ultimate BFF?
Gotta say my mama. We speak virtually everyday and whenever we we're together, more often than not, we're belly laughing over nothing
3. What is your biggest pet peeve?
Injustice and double standards. Both drive me absolutely bonkers.
4. If you had to move to another country, where would you go?
Japan! I'd move there in a heartbeat.
5. What's your favourite song lyric?
Ouch - that's a hard one. 2 jump straight to mind, both by Sara Bareilles:
'I don't wanna fall another moment into your gravity.
Here I am and I stand so tall, just the way I'm supposed to be.' - Gravity
'And who cares if you disagree?
You are not me
Who made you king of anything?
So you dare tell me who to be
Who died and made you king of anything?' - King of Anything
6. Best film you've seen this year?
I'll give you a clue... 'Let it go! Let it go!' I also thought Malificent was pretty epic too. I love the retelling of stories that gives a totally different perspective.
7. Do you speak any foreign languages?
I can speak basic French, Spanish and Japanese. Hoping to become fluent in Japanese next year. (eek!)
8. What is your ideal Sunday?
Walk in the woods on a frosty morning, cooked breakfast and a day on the couch watching films / gaming.
9. What did you want to be when you were a kid?
A Power Ranger.
10. If you could have any job, what would it be?
I'd love to be involved in the process of either designing or testing games. Working for somewhere like IGN would be pretty awesome.
11. What's the first thing you'd buy if you won the lottery?
I think I'd book for me and Ben to travel around the world and get lost for 6 months.
And their questions are:
1. If you were going to write a book, what would you call it and what would it be about?
2. If you could visit any country in the world, where would you go?
3. What scares you?
4. Who in your life has influenced you the most? How did they do it?
5. What’s something you wish everyone knew about you?
6. What is your favorite memory?
7. If you could do anything you wanted right now, what would it be?
8. If you could wake up anywhere tomorrow, where would it be?
9. What does your perfect day look like?
10. If you could go back in history, who would you like to meet?
11. What makes you happy?